Sort by
  • newest
  • oldest
  • most voted

10 Comments on "At Boeing’s P-8I Line"

Guest
3 years 9 months ago

it should be the third as 2nd joined the test flight program earlier this month

Indian
Guest
Indian
3 years 9 months ago
Shiv,You are doing a very good job.Can you please check following queries from Boeing Officials?? 1.If P-8I will have Air-To-Air fueling probe ? 2.If P8-I will be able to detect latest generation SSBNs like US's Ohio class,Russia's Borei class and similar class of UK and France in real operational scenarios ? 3.Why India selected Telephonics Corporation's AN/APS-143Cv3 OceanEye Multi-Mode Radar as the P-8I’s aft radar instead of Raytheon’s (world leader in Radar technologies and advanced sensors) AN/APS-143 SeaVue (which is being fitted on US's version of P-8A?Was AN/APS-143 SeaVue denied to India by US administration ? ================================Truth usually is bitter… Read more »
Guest
3 years 9 months ago

Itna chuna kyun laga rahein hai 😉

Guest
3 years 9 months ago

Why did they paint the nose cone Black? They killed the looks 🙁

Shubham
Guest
Shubham
3 years 9 months ago

Looking forward to more updates from your visit Shiv, thanks a lot for sharing the info. Particularly interested in reading about the weapons capability of the P-8I.

Guest
3 years 9 months ago

No second thought, order another dozen of p8i.

Indian
Guest
Indian
3 years 9 months ago
Thanks Shiv,Thanks a lot Shiv for your reply and detailed post on P-8I.Have another query though…Why India needed a Telephonics APS-143 OceanEye aft Radar on P-8I (as you also replied US P-8A does not have one)….especially when P-8A and P-8I ALREADY has more CAPABLE and HEAVY AN/APY-10 radar ON IT'S NOSE,than Telephonics APS-143 OceanEye(Usually fitted on Coast Guard/Lighter Maritime Surveillance Platforms)? PN-Indian version is a customized version of AN/APY-10 with Weather Mode and Air-Air Mode added,which needed changes in the Original Antenna and also different Signal and Data processors than of Original APY-10 fitted in US Navy version. Thanks..and have… Read more »
Guest
3 years 9 months ago

so, we have several bhaillgadiwalla's questioning the aesthetics of 100 yrs of aeronautics.

Vikram
Guest
Vikram
3 years 9 months ago

Sorry to ask this again and bother you. Why have they painted the nose cone black? Now she looks like a Cold War Grandma! Shiv, I know you are busy, but please answer this question. The nose has been bugging me ever since I saw it for the first time on LIVEFIST! HELP!

wpDiscuz