Abhiman

Mr. Aroor, though the article describes the export of Indian radar computers as a significant milestone, I think that it should do so in the headline itself.

I am not alleging anything. Its just that your “instinct” against indigenous equipment prevails at the headline, while your journalistic impartiality and indeed your true appreciation of indigenous development prevails in the matter.

Thank you.

Abhiman

I may add to my last post that contrary to what the headline states, it is not a “little” victory.

DARE designed and made those radar computers. But they are manufactured by HAL. So the money is being made by HAL not DARE (DRDO).

Abhiman

Mr. Aroor, I don’t mean to be rude or mean any ill-will, but I just would like to bring for your information the following website :

The resentment has spread to the roots of the newspaper and its head. I believe that this newspaper must be dragged and hauled up to the dock by the highest estate–the public.

Thank you.

abhiman: you’re constantly crediting yourself with more than you should! of course you mean ill-will, but what’s wrong with that? the indian express will always be the paper that people talk about the most. it’s the “love-to-hate” paper, the only one that takes a stand (those are of course debatable in your lazy drawing rooms). what i find perplexing is, what is so fishy or dark about its pro-US stance? why does it, honestly, mean that it’s CIA funded or whatever. thankfully i have never been privy to any inner linkages (if any) of the paper with the american administration, but it’s a position that the paper has taken. shekhar gupta, again, will always be talked about and dissected. sadly again, he’s one of the only editors who’ve weathered a few storms. silly polls like this idiotic website make no difference. and don’t flatter yourself — the public believes very much in the indian express. everyone has their critics. but that’s why the paper is alive. so stop being an infant.

mr abhiman: regarding your first comment. the title does not mean “little” as in small, but little as in, “blink and you miss it” because (a) nobody talks about it very much in the press and (b) it is a tiny order, but a great start.

Abhiman

Mr. Aroor, I may reiterate that I did not intend to cause hurt. The newspaper’s not taking stands on more obvious issues is debatable in our libraries, where it is often the ideal vent to our fatigues, after a day of training.

The newspaper is almost always partial towards any action of the US, whether right or wrong. It may be hoped that ‘courage’ in its motto ‘journalism of courage’ doesn’t mean to continue being partial even when detected. As you rightly described, the paper is only ‘alive’; it is not thriving.
    Being small and criticized is not indicative of a “good” paper “fighting against odds”. It is rather the English version of Saamna :- not a newspaper, but a mouthpiece.

On a more apparently “hurtful” note, I’m afraid but your ‘DRDO series’ last year on the same newspaper were quite inaccurate, obliterating and wanting in impartiality, regardless of your earlier comments on this issue.

Anyway, the website whose link I gave earlier is not owned or authored by me, so I do not claim any so-called “credit” for it.

Thank you.

abhiman: keep pushing the AFM agenda. it’s noble work you’re doing.