Sniperz11

Either you are masterfully manipulative, or totally ignorant… you have said that the detects were detected during Ashwamedh. The press release says otherwise, and clearly states that the defects were detected during trials in 2005-06. No mention of Ashwamedh.

Next time, read the releases correctly.

sniperz. either you’re ludicrously paranoid, or just plain challenged. read my first para again, bro/sis. i haven’t said the defects were detected during ashwamedh. i have said the corrections were effected after ashwamedh, as they indeed were. next time, read my posts a little more carefully.

sniperz11

Nice Comeback Shiv :-). Still, I disagree. Your reply is just arguing semantics.

the press release is at http://pib.nic.in/release/release.asp?relid=30611&kwd=

As you can see, the defects were detected in 2005. Is it possible that these defects were left to fester for 2 years, and then suddenly solved withing months after Ashwamedh… sounds unlikely, considering how important ashwamedh was to the Arjun. Just because the press release came after Ashwamedh need not mean that it was fixed after Ashwamedh.

P.S. No need to call me sis

Abhiman

On a slightly offtopic note, I may also say that there has been a marked change in my reading habits also. I sometimes read selected sections of a news report/article only. I also comprehended the same thing as sniperz11, but I was corrected by the opening line.

This age of Instant gratification has reduced the patience threshold to a bare minimum.

I repeat that this offtopic post was only a passing observation to the misinterpretation of the report as done by sniperz11.

Thanks.

How did the visit to HVF go?
    Any tit bits for us?

anon: it was an excellent, most educative visit! i was there for two days — both at the CVRDE and the HVF at Avadi. will be producing a half-hour special on the MBT Arjun for Headlines Today (will post the time and day soon).. but will write on all the other stuff here on LiveFist soon.

Incidentally, the “accelerated usage-cum-reliability trials are slated for mid October at the MFFR”. all fingers crossed at CVRDE and HVF.

mr .shiv can you just tell me what exactly is your assessment of ARJUN’s performance? one day it appears in the news ” army is satisifed with arjun”….the next day quite opposite appears in the press. Where does MBT ARJUN stands as of now?