Harpreet

Thanks a lot for the sketches. It gives away a lot.

No offense intended , but what was the need to tom tom this vessel , if it is a good 2 years away from induction . Something smells here, same as the LCA and Arjun ; or was this an attempt to whitwash Manmohanism as re baluchistan.
    I hope I am wrong, but in my opinion this country never learns.

Meanwhile one more question to all the experts. Can the LCA in its current "underpowered avatar"
    at least match the initial versions of F16 , Mig 29 or the latest Mig 21 Bison for point defense duties. If so then what prevents us from buying at least three to five fighter squarderns ( say 60 units for replacing the older Mig 21's ) until our beloved MMRCA comes along ?
    Thanks .

Harpreet

ATV Speculation 3
    Is this closer?
    One thing I have realized is that 111m is a really long sub, specially if the hump has to hold just 4 silos.
    Please be kind enough to point out inaccuracies you may see.

Anonymous, you are an under informed idiot who will continue to make stupid assertions while asking banal questions in the same breath !

Congrates to you and to all those who have attended the launch ceremony of ATV for giving those detail and drawings, you are doing greatest dis service to nation by giving details of our national asset.

Biggest mistake which MOD, IN and DRDO did was invite national media to cover this launch ceremony of ATV, they could have achive by calling DD and AIR only.

now guys like you are going over the top to give details in affort to get attention, thereby giving details to our adversaries.

In past also you have given pics of where exactly amo is stored in Arjun tank. I dont think guys who will use ARjun tank will be very happy withit.

This shows complete non application of mind on your behalf.

please dont do this type of thing in future and dont encourage others to do same.

Abhijoy

Hey guys,

Just came across this picture on my comp. Unfortunately cant remember where this is from. But i think this is the best representation of the Arihant we have.

Adux

Reminds me of the Shang Class 093, Chinese Attack Submarine,They have exactly the similar features, 11 m wide, 111 m long etc , and the Russians were the consultants for that project too.

Abhijoy

My mistake….. the picture posted above is an Amur 950 with Brahmos VLS's. Looks kinda similar to the Arihant concept sketches eh?

^^^^
    ^^^^
    Shiv i am smelling a porki here.

I don't understand what is the point of all these amateur grade drawing and sketches. The Arihant is what it is, the exterior shape matters very little. The sensors, signal processing and propulsion system are what make the submarine.

??? ???? when people will grow up.

Hi Shiv, excellent post, but pardon me for the below because I wanna expose the scumbag Prasun Sengupta.

He has turned on 'comment moderation' eversince Arihant was launched, because the Chor was dead wrong in his predictions on the ATV, as it was then known.

Refer to this: https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=5154280302945875495&postID=5743219896033099944

Here are what some people asked him:

Shriya @ 10.14 am: …but in the mean time can u pls explain what does it look like [ i really hope it looks like the Borei class in construction in Russia ] <– This person was spot on – It does look like Borei – but lets see what Chorgupta said:

Chorgupta: Shriya, you are assuming that since Russian design houses are involved with the ATV project, then automatically the ATV will externally resemble a submarine being built for the Russian Navy. In reality, the ATV's design is totally different and there's no external resemblance whatsoever. The Borei-class you refer to is an operational submarine whereas the ATV is merely a technology demonstrator.

He later went on to say: No it won't look like a real SSGN because it isn't, it is only a technology demonstrator.

Shriya @ 10.15: YES PRASUN!!!!!!! please share the pictures a s a p!!!!

To this Chorgupta said he'll post it in 2 months but never did, and later went on to say 'he doesn't wanna gain publicity'. Now he has removed his comment where he said he'll post it in 2 months. The prove that he said this lies in Shriya's comment @ Sunday, December 07, 2008 11:29:00 AM: It's ok I will wait the 2 months out in confidence youll share the rendering with us.

Guys – see this fast. If what I say here and what you see don't match, the chorgupta has simply removed the specific posts!

(but I have a copy of that comment page and if changed, I'll post the entire comment page here. Or if Shiv too starts being bias (which I'm pretty sure he won't – he's a class ahead of that silly Chorgupta) – I'll just create my own blog called chorgupta.blogspot.com and publish there.

Thanks and may god bless

Chorgupta: Therefore, kindly….for the umpteenth time….please understand this: the ATV belongs to the DRDO, & NOT the Indian Navy. Therefore, no serving official from the Indian Navy is qualified to even talk about the ATV.

So what do u say now Chorgupta? The navy is manning it for your info. Nutcase

Friend Anon 12.40,
    A high profile function like Arihant's is planned at least 6 months in advance.So please give a break to those conspiracy theories.About LCA,look our poor country can either buy MMRCA or the LCA fleet that you talk of.Moreover,LCA is still far away from mass production.Cheer Up.

chorgupta.blogspot.com is a very good idea
    once i had shown his blog to air force people, what they said about him cannot even be printed.
    same for Navy and other people.
    guy just lies through his teeth 24 hours.
    what a fool, he is desparate for publicity so will make up stuff and put it on his blog as if he knows everything.

tell the truth

shiv or anyone plz tell me wethere drdo is considering the new secipications made by indian airforce for the indegenious awacs

tell the truth

Harpreet

Well, given the info available this is the best illustration of Arihant I could prepare.

Anyone who wishes to use this image in any way may do so freely. I have no copyright issues with this illustration.

I would update it as and when more information is available regarding Arihant.

I would like to put forth a conspiracy theory on why the Arihant was/is subjected to a photo
    blackout. I think the ATV project is a failure and the GOI,MOD,DRDO,IN duds have finally
    thrown in the towel. But since they cannot publicize their failure after 25 years and crores
    of money they've come up with a brilliant coverup – "Arihant completed, ready for trials". I suspect that the sub you and others saw was nothing but a shell with nothing inside. How will the story progress…? Well, this is how… once we get the Nerpa our folks will reverse-engineer everything from it – including the clothes hangers from its toilets, and all the reverse-engineered stuff will be filled into the Arihant shell or maybe the Nerpa will be cloned and the clone will be claimed as the Arihant which most of us have anyway not seen. Cool? Wait! there's more… what about the 'other' two Arihant class subs supposedly under construction? I wager they are nothing but thin air. Instead you know what? … the so-called 'price-escalations' of the INS VIKRAMADITYA? Boss, that deal is done and dusted and now it's merely acting as a front for other shadowy deals. I suspect those 'price-escalations' are nothing but money which is being carefully channelled by the Indian Navy into to the various unfunded/incomplete Russian nuclear submarine projects. So while we lesser mortals sit and crib about how the Russians are sucking us dry on the Vikramaditya project, actually the good ol' russians are sitting and building nuclear submarines for us. Neat Huh?! This is all just my conspiracy theory and I hope I'm wrong.

Indians have adopted the Chinese habit for keeping stuff overly secret. It seems strange somehow we gonna discover weakness of sub by seeing a couple of photos. Show some pics of outside and inside. Unless it is a futurastic design (i doubt) then why no pics? Russians showed photos of Borei class before launch.

[email protected]:56, congratulations on setting new standards on the internet, for the most stupid, illogical post ever. its not even worth being called a conspiracy theory, but should be called stupidity