haha..Shiv I too cannot come around to calling it Chennai..for me its always going to be Madras, the city I was born in but only went to each summer vacation to visit my cousins..My first thought when I read it was going to be named INS Chennai was that it should've been INS Madras..:)

Madras Nalla Madras!

Man, I miss Madras! 🙂

The sweltering heat, taking the rickshaw to school, flying kites, playing cricket in the hot sun, getting screamed at by my parents. Ah, the memories.

What's with the radar on the INS Chennai? Looks funky, cool though.

RAMAKRISHNA

How many of such beasts are going to enter into IN service in this decade?

RAMAKRISHNA

How many of such beasts are going to enter into IN service in this decade?

Gagan

3 project 15B Kolkata class destroyers. 2 are already in the water, Kolkata and Kota. Chennai is going to be launched.

They will be inducted in 6-8 month intervals 2 years from now.

What's the long range SAM armaments for these destroyers? The Barak system? Will the Barak SAM have its range enhanced to be comparable to the Aster-30 and Standard missiles?
    How are the 15-B destroyers going to differ? Will they focus on stealth for the next batch and make them comparable to the Type-45 destroyers?

NJS

India has ordered for 4 nos P15 B, Kolkata class is P15a just 3 nos(INS kolkata,INS cochin than INS chennai).
    INS chennai will have Barak 8 with 70km range SAM and Brahmos missiles .
    Project 15B will have 100km range barak ER Sam and hypersonic brahmos.