Avinash

Incredible story… thanks to Radharamanan and you for sharing the story…Perumal will always be missed.

Thanks for sharing , wonderful story
    Mallik

Himlynx

Thanks for remembering Gp Capt Perumal.

Wg Cdr J Thomas (Retd)

Murali

Rest in Peace..

Gp Capt(now)Perumal SC and Gp Capt(now) UK Jha (nav) the crew of the Canberra that was hit by a Stinger. Was not aware of his demise.. RIP. Yes, the seeker head was embedded in the starboard engine with the jet pipe blown open as if cut by a can opener! The ac lived to fly another day whereas Peru has moved on now. Rest in peace. May the almighty bring solace to the bereaved family.

barani

a salute to the hero

barani

a salute to the hero

Incredible story and my salutes to this gentleman-Sobin,UK

Ram

Such stories of stoic valour and grit will encourage future generations to join forces. Group Captain Pareumal is one more example to show that its not the machine that matter but the man behind it.
    I bow my head to thee Sir. May his soul RIP.

Lovely article and such do inspire the youth.
    However relating to bailing out the author made a statement''I really don’t know how the crew can do that with an out of control aircraft! '' Well if the plane is in control what would be the need and why would someone want to bail out!!! its only when the Air craft is uncontrolable the crew has to bail out

Pratik Das

Thank you for sharing this.

R.I.P Gp Capt Perumal

Amazing story of raw courage. Reminds me of Sqn. Leader Mangat bringing back a badly shot up Sukhoi 7 in the 1971 war. Extraordinary men, indeed! Rest in peace Group Captain Perumal Alagaraja.

was an honour to learn my initial flying skills under his supervision. a true leader, motivator and equally enthusiast about anything and everything in life. was not aware of his demise..RIP peru sir…

Balbinder Singh Marwaha

I knew Perumal as a squadron mate
    and a junior pilot.He was a very sound pilot and a fine humanbeing.
    Air Commodore B S Marwaha( Retd)
    Ex Commodore Commandant 106 Squadron

Balbinder Singh Marwaha

I had the opportunity to know Perumal as a squadron mate and a junior pilot.He was a very sound pilot and a very fine human being. May Almighty grant peace to his soul and courage to his family to bear his loss.
    Air Commodore B S Marwaha (Retd)
    Ex Commodore Commandant 106 SR squadron

Rajgopal Narayanan

Just wished to share a coincidence of life for me with Perumal Sir, He had been my instructor at AFA during my initial days and after postings, I lost touch with him. After 15 years when I came out & moved to Bangalore at an apartment behind Yelahanka AFB. I had just started moving into the apartment and due to the noise my neighbour opened the door to investigate and guess who Gp. Cpt Perumal.. It is an honour that I had the opportunity to enjoy his company IAF style but as civilian neighbours….After he left KFA he joined SSL aviation for a C90 aircraft and I am sure the aircraft would have been blessed to have Gp. Cpt Peru in command. RIP sir..Miss you .