|Shiv Aroor before Rafale flight | Photo / Arpit Agarwal|
- CAS (Chief of Air Staff) had quoted expectations over all negotiations/paperwork for programme to be completed by Apr/May 13. Current status shows major heads unresolved.
- Several issues of delay under major heads. (Transfer of technology, workshare, offset commitments and contractual matters)
- Environment for contract becoming less optimal as political environment moves towards elections at states and centre.
- Max. of 12 months left for General Elections, or 10 months before Code of Conduct is activated. Time to complete procedures short and decreasing.
- Vested interests floating harmful speculations. Being taken up by press, both print and electronic.
- Political leaders may raise questions or objections as in the past with programme.
- Motivated reports about certain “back-up plans” need to be addressed. Message must be sent that IAF enjoys no back-up plan at this time.
- Sqn strength at 34 (Offl sanctioned 42, and optimal strength is 39). Depletion already occuring, and will continue in case asset accrual does not take place on schedule.