Sandeep Sharma

Hi Shiv ! I am Wing Commander Sandeep Sharma (Retd) father of Sqn Ldr Rijul Sharma. Please allow me to compliment you for writing so well and covering every possible detail of the emergency faced by my son. It indeed speaks volumes of your professionalism and dedication.
    Neeta my wife, Deèpika my daughter-in-law join me in conveying our respects and gratitude.
    Kind regards
    Wg Cdr Sandeep Sharma (Retd)

1. 1.1

Vishal Kasliwal

Dear Wing Commander Sharma,
      I would like to thank you and your family for your dedication and service to our nation. Hearing stories such as your son’s makes my heart swell at pride for being an Indian. i wish your son and your family the best in the years to come and look forward to hearing of him do great things in the future. Thank you! Jai Hind!

1. 1.1.1

Sandeep Sharma

Dear Vishal,
        Many thanks for your very kind words which definitely mean a lot to all of us. The national pride and devotion to duty comes first and foremost as drilled into all of us. Years of regimental training, practising of SOPs and execution of learnt procedures do help. But sticking to straight and correct path is the only solution and that is exactly what my son did. No doubt he is a simple and honest Air Warrior who firmly believes that Simplicity has a Brutal Power.
        With our sincere respects
        Wg Cdr Sandeep Sharma (Retd)

1. 1.1.1.1

Vishal Kasliwal

Dear Wing Commander Sharma,
          I would really like to congratulate your son personally if he is willing to contact me. I can be reached by email at vishal.kasliwal@gmail.com

Thank you once again & I hope to hear from him!
          -Vishal

2. 1.2

Gruham Bendakaluru

We citizens can never pay back the sacrifices and service of you and your families. We will remain indebted to you for ever.

The least we can do is to wish you all well and remember that we sleep in peace because of people like you.

(Stands up salutes you)

3. 1.3

raghunandan.r.a@gmail.com

Two flying tigers in a den woderfull sight to please me ?
      Jai hind

1. 1.3.1

raghunandan.r.a@gmail.com

It was a smilng face not a Q
        mark

Sandeep Sharma

Good afternoon Shiv !
    This is Wing Commander Sandeep Sharma (Retd) father of Sqn Ldr Rijul Sharma. Please allow me to very respectfully compliment you for a very professional write up which brings out the facts as they happened. The emergency faced by my son was actually handled the way you have described. The above article is definitely a complete coverage of the sequence of actions taken by my son.
    My wife, Neeta and daughter-in-law, Deepika join me in conveying our respects and gratitude to you.
    Kind regards Sandeep Sharma
    8588811959

Akshay Kapoor

This is Shaurya Chakra achievement at least.

1. 3.1

Sandeep Sharma

Well said Akshay !!

Gp Capt DK Dass VrC. (Retd).

Jaihind. Rijul, good show. Congratulations . You did react the way you have been trained. That speaks volumes of your professional attitude and emergency handling. Keep it up. = Gp Capt DK DASS VrC ( Rtd ). (Battle of Longewala ).

Gp Capt DK Dass VrC. (Retd).

Jaihind. Congratulations. Your actions were commendable and in the best traditions of IAF. Hats off to you. = Gp Capt DK Dass VrC (Retd ) (Hunters, Battle of Longewala )).

1. 5.1

Sandeep Sharma

Dear Gp Capt Dass,
      Priveledged to receive comments from a stalwart like you Sir !! I am sure our nation is proud of Air Warriors like you. Battle of Longewala is in itself a memory that inspires one and all. Further, we are so lucky to get a text from you.
      Many thanks for taking the time out in writing so well for my son.
      With all our respects
      Wg Cdr Sandeep Sharma (Retd)

Vikas Dangi

these gentlemen are much cooler than all the bollywood actors and the entire indian cricket team put together.
    without these brave men india wouldn’t be india.
    thanks from the bottom of my heart.

1. 6.1

Sandeep Sharma

Dear Mr. Vikas,
      On behalf of Rijul and my family, I sincerely thank you for the your kind sentiments expressed above.
      Much appreciated Sir !!
      Kind regards
      Wg Cdr Sandeep Sharma (Retd)

1. 6.1.1

Sandeep Sharma

Sorry for the Typo…..the your

RB

WingCo Sharma, thank you for your own service to our nation. However, I must say that by giving such a gallant air warrior as Rijul to the service of our nation you and Mrs Sharma have above and beyond the call of duty! Rijul got a well deserved gallantry award but you, his family are equally deserving of one. We as a nation are immensely grateful and proud.

1. 7.1

Sandeep Sharma

Dear Mr. RB,
      Many thanks for your kind text above ! I can assure you that not many people encourage the fighting arms and more especially their parents the way you did.
      With all our respects
      Wg Cdr Sandeep Sharma (Retd)

Raj

Shiv, superbly written article and bravo to the exceptional bravery of the pilot.

Keep it up

Best

sachin

“It took less than a second for Rijul to realise what had happened.”

and in the very next sentence

“It took whole seconds for me to fully understand what had happened,” Rijul tells Livefist.”

contradicting no ?

Vishal

This is a wonderful story!

Sanjeev verma

Dear wingco sandeep,
    Congrats to u and ur family on sqdn ldr rijul’s decorations. May he achieve the pinnacle in his profession.
    Am, being dad of 2 air warriors, particularly pleased to go thru the story, which has been done nicely by Shiv.
    With best regards
    Sanjeev

1. 11.1

Sandeep Sharma

Many thanks Sanjeev ! So very kind of you !!

departed

one one end we have such brave pilots, and on another there are pilots who bring sorry nods. One story about a girl who was harrased when a pilot kept calling her when he oversaw her number while at a recharge shop near jodhpur AFB. She was a relative and we had to rough up the cranky pilot who thought too high for himself just because he was in iaf, after he realized what he was facing, he backed off. deperados like him bring shame

1. 12.1

Sandeep Sharma

What to say Sir ? A shame !!

Kiran

Kudos to the young pilot’s skill, pluck and physical fitness! If this was the USAF, they’d have made a 30 min military channel/ discovery documentary on it.